How often have we read up on stuff and think we can do it but never take action? Well, recently I have completed a small painting Project. I deceided to learn to paint grayscale to color painting.
I did this by taking Dwayne Vance sketch of a vehicle and painting over it, taking lessons through a book from How To Render on the techniques used in painting a grayscale image.
For this project I wanted to know
- How to make a grayscale image to color.
- Learn to practice painting in B&W values first.
- Understand painting basic car reflections and highlights
Here is the process:
- I planned out the steps needed by looking at others and seeing how they did it.
- I drew over the sketch drawing to create my line drawing
- I did a value study referencing images and photographs
- Using the How To Render technique by Scott Robertson to convert the grayscale to color.
- I repeated this on a different perspective of the same vehicle I reference again.
You learn only by taking action of the theory you learn in the books or video tutorials.
Take action today it will help solidify your learning even doing a small task of the lessons you are learning.