I thought this discussion was good and it made me think about once I wanted to make courses around Game Dev or Animation as a solopreneur.
A constructive and inclusive social network for software developers. With you every step of your journey.
— Read on dev.to/avdi/eric-avdi-talk-about-the-developer-education-business-35de
Topics covered include:
- Non-obvious pros and cons of selling subscription vs one-off products.
- Courseware hosts such as Podia, Kajabi, Thinkific, and Teachable
- Why many of those courseware hosts have business models that favor hobbyists, not professional educators.
- The Lynda.com business model
- Our experiences with hosted e-commerce/courseware platforms, building our own software, and using WordPress as a platform.
- The explore/expand/extract phases of a business.